You are able to convert a SQL 2000 database to SQL 2005 by using the backup tool from within the WebControlCenter.
- Login to the WebControlCenter at https://www.webcontrolcenter.com/customer.aspx
- Go to Database -> MS SQL 2000 -> MS SQL Export Database. This will create a .bak file that contains all of the database information.
- Create an SQL 2005 database with the same database name and login information as the SQL 2000 database.
- Use the restore tool in the WebControlCenter Database. Go to MS SQL 2005 -> MS SQL Import Database, then select the .bak file that was created.
- Once the conversion has been completed, update the code on your site to use the SQL 2005 database, then delete the SQL 2000 database.
Please note: there is a fee associated with performing backups and restores through the WebControlCenter.