To install phpMyAdmin you will need to first obtain a copy of the package.
- Goto: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php
- Download the latest version of phpMyAdmin.
* If you're on a PHP 4 server or are using a MySQL 4 database make sure to download the correct version of phpMyAdmin.
Now that we have the package downloaded, you will need to change the configuration file to match your database information.
- Extract the contents of the download to a folder on your workstation.
- Browse to the directory and rename the file ‘config.sample.inc.php’ to ‘config.inc.php’.
- Open ‘config.inc.php’ in a text editor such as notepad.
- Add some random text to the blowfish secret variable on line 17.
(Ex. $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'a42djtqu30cheo30jgal';)
- Change the ‘Host’ variable on line 31 to the SQL server name found in the web control center.
- Save the ‘config.inc.php’ file.
- Before we go any further delete the ‘Setup’ folder from the folder you extracted phpMyAdmin into.
All that is left to do now is upload the files you extracted to your workstation into a sub folder on your site. Once the files have been uploaded you should be able to browse the url and it will prompt you to login to your database.
What is phpMyAdmin?
phpMyAdmin is a web based administrative tool for MySQL databases. The tool allows you to browse your database data, execute queries, import or export data, among other functions. It is maintained by the phpMyAdmin team, their website is: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
Does my plan support phpMyAdmin?
As long as your plan level is at least a business expansion plan it will have php support. Any plan that supports php will be able to utilize phpMyAdmin.
Could I use phpMyAdmin to administer my MS SQL databases as well?
No, phpMyAdmin only supports MySQL databases.
Where could I obtain more information about phpMyAdmin?
More information can be found off the phpMyAdmin website. Here is a link to their documentation: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/docs.php