Resetting an Admin User Password in SmarterMail
This article will instruct you on how to reset a password in SmarterMail for both the administrative and no administrative user.
1) Login to SmarterMail as an Administrator. If you are unsure how to do this in the WebControlCenter or WSM (Web Services Manager) please review KB 1769
*If this does not launch you into your SmarterMail dashboard, please contact Technical Support via Phone, Chat or a Ticket
2) Find the settings button in the bottom left corner of the screen (gear icon) and click settings
3) Type in your new password and click save (The SmarterMail password must be at least 8 characters with a letter, number and symbol)
*This will update your password for the primary smarter mail user, seen in the top right corner of the screen. If you want to update the password for other users, see below.
Resetting a Non Admin User Password in SmarterMail v14
1) Select users on the left hand side of the screen. This will be under the Domain Settings tree menu
2) Checkbox the user you would like to update the password for and click edit
3) Type in your new password and click save