Step 1: Generate A CSR for your Addon Domain
Step 2: Purchase or Re-Issue an existing SSL Certificate
Step 3: Installing the SSL Certificate
Step 4: Configuring the SSL Certificate in cPanel
- After the SSL Certificate has been installed, return to SSL/TLS Manager and click the Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificate link located beneath Certificates (CRT)
- Click the Install link beneath the Actions column for the domain whose SSL certificate you are installing.
- Select the Domain from the Domain drop down menu.
- Make sure all fields (Certificate: (CRT), Private Key: (KEY), Certificate Authority Bundle: (CABUNDLE aka ) ) are filled out and have green check mark indicator next to their filed name .
- TIP: You can click the Autofill by Certificate button located above the Certificate: (CRT) text box to auto populate the fields.
- Click the Install Certificate button.
- Once the SSL Certificate has installed, you'll see it listed in the Manage Installed SSL Websites table above.
Step 5: Verify your SSL Certificate through a web browser.
- In a browser go type https://youdomainname.com where yourdomainname.com is the domain that the SSL Certificate was created for. The lock symbol in the browser bar indicates that there is a secure connection.
- Note: The location of the lock symbol may vary from one web browser to another.
- Clicking the lock symbol will display the identity and security information for your website.