The Search tool, located at the top right corner of the interface, allows users to search for a specific file. By default, Search will search all files in the
home directory. You can also limit the search to the document
/home/user/public_html, or to the directory displayed in the file window.
To search for a file, perform the following steps:
- Use the Search menu to select the directory to search: All Your Files, only public_html or Current Directory.
- Enter the desired file name in the text box.
- Click Go.
A new window displays the filenames that match your search. To go to a folder, or to the containing folder for a file, double-click the desired item in the list. If no files that include your search term exist, you will see the message No records found.
Character encoding verification dialogs
When you edit a file with the Edit, Code Editor, or HTML Editor features, a window will appear to confirm the file's character encoding. Use the menu to select the correct character encoding for the file. Then, click Edit to continue.
- Click Toggle Help for more information about how to select the correct character encoding.
- Click Disable Encoding Check to turn off future encoding verifications.
To enable or disable the Character Encoding Verification Dialogs feature, perform the following steps:
- Click Settings in the top left corner of the interface. A new window will appear.
- Enable or disable the Character Encoding Verification Dialogs feature:
- To enable encoding verification, select the Disable Character Encoding Verification Dialogs checkbox.
- To disable encoding verification, deselect the Disable Character Encoding Verification Dialogs checkbox.
- Click Save
If you choose the wrong initial encoding, your file may become corrupt. If your file displays as a series of special characters, immediately abort the edit and select the correct encoding. Do not save the file.