***Please Note: This guide was created using Android Version 2.3.3 on the Sprint network. Your email client's options and appearance may differ slightly from the screenshots contained within this article.***
1. From your home screen, tap the menu button.
2. Select your email client from the application menu
3. Enter your full email address and email password, then click Manual Setup. Remember to replace "email@example.com" with your FULL email address.
4. Select POP3 or IMAP. If you selected POP3, proceed to Step 5. If you selected IMAP, skip to Step 6. (To learn the difference between POP3 and IMAP connections, check out Article #1046
.) NOTE - The Exchange protocol is not supported by our shared mailservers. Do not select this option.
5. If you selected POP3, your settings should be similar to this screenshot. Your username will be your FULL email address. Once you've entered all of the required information, click Next. Your device will verify the incoming server settings. Once the settings have been confirmed, skip to Step 7.
6.If you selected IMAP, your settings should be similar to this screenshot. Your username will be your FULL email address. Once you've entered all of the required information, click Next. Your device will verify the incoming server settings. Once the settings have been confirmed, proceed to Step 7.
7. The screenshot below shows the SMTP (Outgoing) settings. You will need to enter this information regardless of your incoming connection type (POP3 or IMAP). The outgoing port must be changed to 8889. The security type should be set to "None", and the "Require sign-in" box should be marked. Be sure to enter your full email address in the Username field, and your password in the Password field. Click "Next" once you've filled in the required information.
8.After clicking Next, you'll be able to choose how often your phone will check for new mail. If you'd like, you can make this the default email account and choose to receive notices when new mail arrives. Click "Next" again.
9.You account is now set up and ready to send and receive email. On this page, you can name this account (Home Email, Office, etc) if you'd like. This step is optional. You can also change the display name on this page. By default the display name is your email address. Click "Done", and your phone will check for new email.
Your Android email setup is complete.