This guide introduces you to WebMatrix, Microsoft's new one-stop website authoring tool that lets you create, edit, and publish websites easily.
This getting-started guide will help you:
- Install WebMatrix.
- Download and install an open-source web application along with its prerequisites.
- Perform the initial set up, including setting database and site administrator credentials.
- Edit some files in the site using the built-in code editor.
- Edit the site's database using the built-in database manager.
- Run a site analysis to look for potential optimizations.
- Prepare to publish your site.
Read the full article at Microsoft here.