Upgrade/Downgrade Hosting Plans
To Submit a "Change Plan Request"
- Changing your plan may result in your website being moved to a different server. As a result, the IP address of your site may change.
- You will need to verify your site code and databases meet the new plan standards to ensure plan change compatibility. See KB Plan Change Compatibilities.
- If upgrading to a higher priced plan, you will be billed for two additional items
- The difference in the setup fee from your existing plan and the new plan, even if you received a 'free setup' promotion when you originally ordered your plan.
- A prorated charge for the difference in price between your existing plan and the new plan. For example, if you have 15 days left on your current prepaid month, and the monthly fee difference between the current and new plan is $10.00, then you would only be charged $5.00 for the prorated difference (if you have prepaid in advance for multiple months, you will billed the prorated difference for the current month, and then the full difference in plan price for each remaining month).
- The plan will be assigned a new Shared SSL address
- When moving from one server to another. Customer will be required to reset their FTP passwords once plan change is complete
- Once the upgrade/downgrade is complete, you want to verify that the different functions and features of the website are working under the new plan.
1. Login into the WebControlCenter at http://www.webcontrolcenter.com/customer.aspx
with your Customer ID and password. If you have multiple domains under your account, you'll have an additional step to select your domain--make sure you select the exact domain you wish to move to the new plan.
If you need login help, please click here
2. From the Customer Menu, go to CUSTOMER
> SUPPORT REQUESTS
> CHANGE PLAN REQUEST
3. From the drop down menu, select the plan you wish to change to.
4. Click NEXT and follow the rest of the request steps. You will be contacted via the email address you provide when the plan change is complete.