Most of the SEO reports display only one type of statistic pulled from
the site's log files. For example, the only purpose of the Search
Engines report is to identify the search engines that refer the most
traffic to your website. It provides no additional information or
With custom reports, statistics from multiple site report items can
be combined to give site administrators and users a comprehensive
analysis of your website. Note: A custom report is similar to a
standard report, except custom reports
grant users the flexibility to include an unlimited number of
report items in a single report, not just a specific set of report items
and can be adjusted to meet your organization's needs.
To access the custom reports, click SEO Reports in the main
toolbar. Then expand Custom Reports in the left tree view and select the
desired report. The report will load in the content pane and the
following options will be available in the actions toolbar (if you have not created a custom report yet, the pane will be empty. See directions for creating a custom report below):
- Email - Click this button to email a copy of the
report to the desired recipient(s).
- Export - Click this button to export the report in
CSV or TAB format.
- Edit - Click this button to edit the report's
settings and configuration options.
- Delete - Click this button to permanently remove the
report from the favorites list.
Creating a Custom Report
To create a new custom report, click SEO Reports in the main
toolbar. Then expand Custom Reports in the left tree view and click New
Custom Report. The following configuration tabs will be available:
Use this tab to specify the following options:
- Name - The name of the custom report.
- Default Date Range - The default time period from
which report item data is collected.
- Filter Set - To apply a default filter set
to the report items, select the appropriate filter from the
- Use default date range on all report items
- Checking this box will apply to the default date range to all report
items in the custom report. Note: To allow each report item to
override the date range, uncheck
- Use default filter set on all report items - Checking
this box will
apply the selected filter set to all report items in the
Note: To allow each report item to have a different
filter, uncheck the box. This will allow
you to compare different filter sets on the same report.
Use this tab to specify which report items to include in the custom
- Report Item - The specific site report to be added to
the custom report. Note: Depending on the report item selected, some
of the options listed below may not be available.
- Name - The name of the report item.
- Sort By - The sort order of the data. Numerical
bandwidth, views, etc) will be sorted in descending order
- Date Range - The time period from which report item
data is collected. Note: This item will not appear if you have chosen
to use the default date range for all report items in the custom
- Chart - To specify a specific chart type, select the
appropriate option from the list.
Note: 3D charts will use the perspective selected in My
- Values - The values that will be charted. Note: If
you have chosen
pie as the chart type, only Value 1 will be used.
- Group - The timeframe for which rows are grouped.
- Filter Set - The filter set that will be applied to
the report item. Note: This item will not appear if you have chosen
to use the default filter set for all report items in the custom report.
- SEO Collection - The specific SEO collection that
will be applied to the report item.
- Site - The specific website that will be applied to
the report item.
- Search Engine - The specific search engine that will
be applied to the report item.
This information and more can also be found on the SmarterStats 5.x help website