*Note, this article explains how to view or override the default spam settings for all users under your domain. For instructions on how to view or override the default spam settings for a single user only, please see our article on this subject.
1. Log into your mail account (as an email admin) through the SmarterMail interface. You can reach your mail account at http://mail.domain.com (replace "domain.com" with your domain name). You can also access your admin email account through the WebControlCenter
2. Once logged in, click on "Settings."
3. Expand the "Domain Settings" node. *Note, if you do not see the "Domain Settings" node, you are not logged in as an admin user for the mail account
4. Click on "Spam Filtering."
5. On the Spam Filtering pane, you will see two radio buttons. If you would only like to view your default spam settings, leave the "Use default spam settings" option selected, if you would like to override them, click the "Override spam settings for this domain" button.
6. Next, click on the "Actions" tab.
7. From the Actions tab you can view or change your default spam weights (you will only be able to make changes if you selected the "Override spam settings for this domain" option on the step above).
8. At the bottom of the page, still under the Actions tab, you can view or change the actions you want SmarterMail to take if certain weights are met. For example, if a message hits a weight of, say, "10," you can instruct SmarterMail to either take "No Action," "Delete Message," "Move to Junk E-Mail Folder," or "Add Text to the Subject."
9. If you made any changes, click "Save."
10. If you do choose to override the default spam settings, please see our article on suggested settings