*Note, this article provides instruction on how to set up email
forwarding for email account administrators. If you are an email user, please see our article on this subject for email users
1. Log into your domain email account as an administrator. There are two ways you can log in as an email administrator.
a. You can log in directly at http://mail.domain.com (replace "domain.com" with your domain name). This option will require that you know your account's admin email address and password.
b. You can also log into your admin email account through the WebControlCenter.
2. Once logged into SmarterMail, click "Settings."
3. Expand the the "Domain Settings" node.
4. Under "Domain Settings," click "Users."
5. From the list of email users, click the check box for the user you would like to set up email forwarding for, then click "Edit."
6. On the Users pane, click the "Forwarding" tab.
7. Enter the email address(es) you would like for your email to be
forwarded to. If entering multiple email addresses to forward to,
separate each address with a semi-colon ";".
8. If you would like to have your emails deleted from this account after
forwarding, click the "Enable deletion of messages on forward" box.
9. Click "Save."
Currently, automatic forwarding is not allowed to any AOL, Comcast and
Compuserve email addresses. While you can still manually send emails to
aol.com, comcast.com or cs.com addresses, auto forwards to these
providers will not leave our mail servers as they are blocked by our
This policy was enacted due to the methods that AOL, Comcast and
Compuserve use to determine spam. When spam comes into our servers and
is then forwarded, it looks as if it is coming from our servers rather
than the original sender. When someone marks the email as spam, the
user is in essence marking us as a spammer, and these ISPs then block
emails from our servers as a whole.
With no other methods or solutions offered by these ISPs, we had no
choice but to block auto forwards to them to keep our mail servers from
being blocked. This is just for automatic forwards and in no way limits
your ability to directly send to these addresses.