It can be helpful to select a member
or members with computer or technical experience within your
organization to administrate the dedicated server. Managing the server
can be easier when you have experience with Windows Server products or
server management in general and the will to learn more about it.
A dedicated server at CrystalTech is very similar to a server that you
would have in your own location with the difference being that the
server is located on our network. There are tools that are included
with a dedicated server that will help you properly manage the server.
The very first tool that you will use to get to the dedicated server is
the Remote Desktop Connection. Other tools are listed below, but are
not limited to the following links.
1. Protect Your Dedicated Server
2. Managing DNS on a Dedicated Server
3. Reverse DNS Zones This article is very important for sending valid email messages.
4. Creating a Default Website Within IIS
5. SmarterMail on a Dedicated Server