*Note, this article assumes you currently have a Microsoft SQL 2000 or 2005 database on our servers that you wish to upgrade.
1. If you have not done so already, log into the WebControlCenter at https://www.webcontrolcenter.com/customer.aspx. For login help, view our KB on how to log into the WebControlCenter.
2. You'll need to create a second database with the same exact name and credentials. To do this, go to Database > MSSQL 2005 (or MSSQL 2008, depending on which version you are upgrading to) > MSSQL Admin.
3. Then click Add.
4. Because you already have a MSSQL database on your account, you will see a warning that there is a monthly fee for additional MSSQL databases. As such, you may want to complete this entire process as quickly as possible and delete your old database before receiving additional fees (i.e. the same day) for hosting multiple databases. Again, be sure to create this new database with the same exact name and credentials as the database you are upgrading from.
5. Next, go to MSSQL > SQL 2000 (or SQL 2005, depending on which version you are upgrading from) > MSSQL Export Database. From here, you can export your current database to a .bak file on the root of your site. Please note that there is a fee for using the Export tool.
6. Now go to MSSQL > SQL 2005 (or SQL 2008, depending on which version you are upgrading to) > MSSQL Import Database, and import the .bak you just created. Please note that there is also a fee for using the Import tool.
7. Now that you've migrated your data to the new server, be sure that you change the connection string to point to the new server.
8. Lastly, once the connection string is updated and the site is functional without any issues, delete the old database from the WebControlCenter to prevent a charge to the account.
If you encounter any issues with this process, please fee free contact the technical support department.